-->

Tuesday 29 January 2013

The Year


 Vol. 32
21st - January - 2012
Christian Aid News
    all praise magazine supplements for they have the greatest covers, this one probably has a decent cover because it's not trying  to sell anything in particular. That aside, it's a decent cover it does something a bit different, it's a bit posturised which is what I always do as part of my painting process. the cabbage looks very good kind of like an awesome screen print the only kind of printing I really like.

    this magazine was not difficult it didn't feel it but as usual I had a problem with the colour the lighter tones just turned into one and it's difficult to see the difference between them, I think once I get the tonal colour matching right I will be well on the way to getting colour colour matching sorted.


    For the clothes and cabbage (I think it's cabbage) I employed the squint technique and got the rough general idea of were things go and then kinda try and get the general gist of it, I'm going to see how many times I can say genral in a sentance.


    You can kind of see the difference between the two lighter tones, that's bugging me so much I wish I could change it now, I didn't want the other tones to be to close and therefore I failed with the other tones.


No comments:

Post a Comment