-->

Monday 24 September 2012

The Year

Vol. 14
17th - September - 2012
GQ
    The magazine may be better known as gentleman's quarterly, I know because  had to buy it twice, to start this week I had a not to good art one that was more supplies orientated, and as I was attempting to start on it my Mum came in with this better alternative, the white and black is a lot more striking. 

    I suppose I should explain why it is so bare this is one of five covers, I decided to do this one as it is my favourite of the group unfortunately they didn't have it left but not to worry there were an extra two covers inside with no lines and this happened to be one of them, I used my unique paper Photoshop technique to add the title in.

    That is not all the disaster for this week, in the boarding house the one printer that accepts my memory stick wont work with the printer so I have to go to the library in the morning, I revived this cover on a Thursday night and with exeat only managed to get a copy for the weekend and on top of that I forgot to bring all of my stuff home. I then bought a new sketchbook the second magazine and I have had to try and find a way to slip the page in. At least I have lots of paper.


    Despite being riddled with troubles I really enjoyed this week I even got some new equipment some rolled up paper sticks I used to smooth colour and shapers that filled a similar purpose, when I got them really dirty 
I used them to create a smooth shadow that worked well.

    Although his gaze seems a bit unfocused in my copy for some reason, I think his cheeks are a bit inflated so he loses some harshness.


In this detail you can see I had some problems with the left side of the neck that has been resolved but the area remains a bit blurry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment