-->

Friday 26 October 2012

The Year

Vol. 18
15th - October - 2012
New York
    I was in New York for this week with no magazines or the means to draw them, admittedly  it was an art trip but I didn't have the right sketchbook I only had an A4 book and I had no spare time, who would have thought drawing would be so tiring. 

    I didn't want to draw later than that week  (eg next week) so I decided to make a feature of my failure, my criteria for a magazine is picture/photo whatever and a title, I took a decent-ish sketch from the metropolitan museum and stuck NYC on the top hurrah. On top of that I was to tired to block in some black.

    After seeing the Rembrandt halls in the Met museum I think I have found my new favourite 'classic' artist by which I mean pre what could be considered contemporary, I don't know I am trying to confuse you, you know what I mean. I also learnt that artists of that particular period are pretty amazing. If you ever get a chance take a look at some of these in person.


    Bearing in mind this was a quick gallery sketch while I was being poked (to understand why there will be a exploit page update on the subject) the proportions are not quite correct and a lot of contrast has been lost to the opposite page and the tissue in-between the pages. It's pretty good for a gallery sketch.


In this detail you can see how I build up from straight lines as this is quick I haven't smoothed it out to much.


No comments:

Post a Comment