-->

Monday 17 December 2012

The Year


Vol. 23
19th - November - 2012
New Scientist 
Epiphany week five YAY success after last weeks failure, this time I took it slower gradually moving from a human to a monkey and hopefully at some point I will move off am human, as I go I am leaning more and more towards faces. 

    I really loved this magazine usually I mark out the entire thing then gradually add tone and in this case thickness and weight to the lines, in this one I finished all the lines before shading and it gave a really nice effect in black and white I was hoping to do something like this in printing at school but as I was set work I ended up with a half arsed try with a bit of the style incorporated into a mono-print.

    I put in that tiny bit about the bee for my mum who incidentally is a bee-keeper .


    I enjoyed doing this I have been saving the New Scientist for those weeks when I have very little time, although there is no rule against doing it again I wan't to try as many different magazines as possible.


    As great as it is I still am struggling to get the right contrast in the face.



No comments:

Post a Comment