-->

Monday 7 January 2013

The Year

 Vol. 27
17th - December - 2012
National Geographic
    New mission; contrast time. I was given this and another magazine both tree magazines there is probably a good anecdote about that but I can't remember. These were in part for my dad who likes trees for some unintelligible reason my only fear is that it affects me at some point and I start to love trees pants and all that stuff.

    This magazine was the start of mission contrast and it was not the easiest start I tried a 'new' technique and you don't need to look closely to see its not exactly accurate I put down a base pattern on the trunk before shading all over it and apart from minor details that it. of course there are some minor details missing. 

    Overall not my best magazine but a decent effort I think. My main aim was contrast and I have done OK on that  for once my dark shades are actually dark but the overall tone is not a good matchup by any means.

Another difficulty was the branch over the trunk which blended in superbly, unfortunately superb isn't necessarily a good thing.


And detail.







No comments:

Post a Comment